Derby County Football Club has an exciting opportunity to join our Academy Medical Team as a Physiotherapist.
Your skills, experience and knowledge will allow you to assist the Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine to develop, organise, coordinate and implement screening, treatment and rehabilitation programmes. You will also be taking a lead in the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation programmes for the Derby County Academy Players aged 9 to 16 years old.
Your strong organisation skills will play a key part in how you record and store medical information including treatment plans, medication and rehabilitation timeframes.
You will be providing physiotherapy services to the Academy Players, as well as being responsible for building and delivering a comprehensive and engaging physio education programme to be delivered to multiple audiences such as Academy Players, staff and parents/guardians.
- Designing and implementing bespoke treatment and rehabilitation packages for each player
- Carry out injury screening and construct an injury profile for players in line with the injury prevention and reduction strategy
- Ensuring all medical records are updated and securely stored to support treatment and rehabilitation
- Building and delivering physiotherapy and medical education programmes to players, staff and parent/guardians
- Work closely with Academy Sports Science staff in close, pre, and in-season on the physical development of players
- To ensure that there is appropriate first aid or primary care provision available at all games and training sessions involving Academy teams
Personal characteristics and experience:
- BSc in Physiotherapy
- Demonstrable membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Demonstrable membership to the Health Professionals Council (HPC)
- Experience in working in a professional sports performance setting, ideally with some clinical experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative
- Committed to high-standards
The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Records Check (CRC).
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website dcfc.co.uk/page/careers.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to; The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 08 March 2020. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.