Foundation Phase Coach – Part-Time Fixed-Term
Derby County Football Club has an opportunity to join our Academy Coaching Team as a Foundation Phase Coach.
Our Academy vision is to continue to provide talented, well balanced young professional footballers for Derby County's first-team squad and become recognised as the ‘Academy of Choice’ for young players within our local area and beyond. Your previous experiences of designing, coordinating, and delivering coaching sessions will allow you to support the Academy and this vision.
Our mission is to identify, develop and support talented young footballers in order for them to achieve their maximum potential in a positive, supportive, and professional learning environment. You will be working to this mission through the planning and delivery of your engaging and educational sessions.
- Designing and delivering engaging and educational sessions to support Academy Players to reach goals and progress their football careers
- Complete and update all PMA requirements within specified timeframes
- Liaising with parents/guardians both formally and informally to provide personalised development updates
- Upholding the holistic approach to player development
- Be a positive role model to Academy Players
- Promote and highlight good practices
Personal characteristics and experience:
- To be certified with a UEFA B Coaching Certificate, ideally with UEFA A Coaching also
- To be certified with the FA Youth Award, ideally with the FA Advanced Youth Award
- To hold relevant FA Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children certificates
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and coordinating coaching programmes
- Be able to take a considered approach to problem-solving
- Have knowledge of the football recruitment process
This role is part-time and fixed-term until May 2021. This role will be based at Moor Farm Training Centre, but some travel will be required.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website dcfc.co.uk/page/careers. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to;
The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 13 October 2020.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that they will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) as part of the recruitment process.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer.