Derby County Football Club has an exciting opportunity for an experienced procurement professional with project management experience to join our Finance Team at Pride Park. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the ongoing success of our Club, ensuring stakeholders achieve the best value for money and level of service from suppliers across the business, whilst ensuring projects are planned, executed and delivered on time.
- Support stakeholders in the negotiation of operational contracts by taking a leading role in the tendering process, together with the identification of opportunities to enhance terms and value across the business
- Ensuring best value is optimised across the business for operational and capital expenditure
- Supplier performance management, developing strategies and procedures to ensure suppliers achieve and maintain service levels
- Be the designated Project Manager for group wide projects as and when required, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Own and manage the purchase ordering system alongside the accounting team, assisting with the month end and year end processes where applicable
Personal characteristics and experience:
- Works on own initiative and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A good awareness of deadlines with excellent organisational skills
- Effective communicator with strong inter-personal skills
- Strong supplier management skills, with the ability to build lasting relationships quickly and effectively
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply qualification or equivalent
- Recognised project management qualification e.g. Prince 2, Six Sigma or equivalent
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website dcfc.co.uk/page/careers. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to;
The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 02 March 2020.
Strictly no agencies please.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.