Derby County Football Club are seeking to recruit a strength, conditioning and rehabilitation coach with an interest in off field performance, rehabilitation, monitoring and testing.
Our successful coach may be looking to progress from strength and conditioning and/or a therapy/rehabilitation background. This role will bring together our medical and performance departments to maintain our integrated philosophy towards performance. You will work primarily with full time athletes and squads, such as our First Team and Academy Squads, to ensure optimal performance metrics are enhanced.
Working collaboratively with the Head of Sports Science and Academy Medicine you will be delivering appropriate interventions during pre/post-training, physical performance sessions, rehabilitation, testing and monitoring of all off field loading and conditioning. Your ability to coach across various age groups, the successful candidate must be able to develop relationships with athletes and staff amongst the multidisciplinary team to uphold the culture and standards of the environment.
- The delivery of individual and group strength and conditioning services to Academy Players
- Work with the wider team as well as coaching staff to provide an integrated approach to performance enhancement
- Develop and lead the long-term athletic development program for Academy players
- Design individual conditioning and on field programs for all players
- Plan and implement research protocols to investigate current training techniques
- Design off field movement and conditioning
- Monitor load of youth phase age groups using appropriate GPS and provide appropriate information to inform training to coaches
- Lead maturation monitoring for all academy players and feed back to the team and football coaches helping to guide development based on players physical status
- Remain up to date with all sports science research including but not exclusively recovery, hydration & supplementation research
- Provide support to Academy Strength & Conditioning coaches with implementation of gym based and on field-based programs
Personal characteristics and experience:
- Sports Science Degree
- Previous experience working in a professional sport – ideally for 2 years and in a full-time capacity
- Developing youth athletes
- Working closely with technical/tactical coaches to enhance performance
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that an application for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) is required as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website dcfc.co.uk/page/careers. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form. Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to; HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Derby DE24 8XL. Please note that you will also need to complete our equality and diversity form for monitoring purposes only.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 24 November 2019.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.