Youth Development Phase Coach
Derby County Football Club has a fantastic opportunity to join our Academy Coaching Team as a Youth Development Phase Coach.
Our Academy vision is to continue to provide talented, well balanced young professional footballers for Derby County's first-team squad and become recognised as the ‘Academy of Choice’ for young players within our local area and beyond.
Our mission is to identify, develop and support talented young footballers in order for them to achieve their maximum potential in a positive, supportive and professional learning environment. The planning and delivery of your engaging and educational sessions will help the Academy achieve this.
- Designing and delivering engaging and educational sessions to support Academy Players to reach goals and progress their football careers
- Carry out sessional evaluations for reporting on the Performance Management Application
- Be responsible for coaching an assigned squad of Academy players, in consultation with the Phase Lead, Head of Coaching and Academy Director
- Liaising with parents/guardians both formally and informally to provide personalised development updates
- Organise tours and festivals when required to support the effectiveness of the Academy Programme
- Be a positive role model to Academy Players
Personal characteristics and experience:
- To hold UEFA B Coaching certificate and FA Youth Award is essential
- To hold a UEFA A Coaching Certificate and Advanced Youth Award is desirable
- Previous experience of managing a football Academy Programme is essential
- Experience football coaching in a professional environment
- Experience of implementing policies and procedures and reviewing practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Have a good knowledge of the age-appropriate techniques and skill practices for player development
- Knowledge of the football recruitment process
- Great communication skills that are adaptable to different age groups
The position is part time and will be based at Moor Farm Training Centre, but some travel will be required.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found on our website dcfc.co.uk/page/careers. Please note that CVs will not be accepted without an accompanying application form.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to [email protected] or via post to:
The HR Department, Derby County Football Club, Pride Park Stadium, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 18 September 2020.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that they will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) as part of the recruitment process.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity.