It’s derby weekend! The Rams make the short journey down the A52 on Sunday to take on East Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest looking to get their season back on track with just 10 games of the 2017/18 season remaining.
Derby County will also be looking to complete the double over the Reds for the first time since 2012. (kick-off: 2:30pm) and here, dcfc.co.uk has collated all the information you need ahead of the clash with Aitor Karanka’s side…
WHAT’S THE LATEST TEAM NEWS
Gary Rowett has told RamsTV that he expects Joe Ledley to be out of action for four weeks.
The midfielder sustained a calf injury in the early stages of Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Queens Park Rangers.
That could see Bradley Johnson return to the starting XI, with George Thorne also ruled out of action.
There other players struggling with knocks and Rowett says he will assess how those players get on in the days leading into the fixture at the City Ground.
Sam Winnall is Derby’s only long-term absentee.
WHAT WAS SAID AHEAD OF THE TRIP TO FOREST?
Speaking to RamsTV ahead of the local derby clash with Forest, Gary Rowett said: “It is another big game, but we have to look at it in the same way that we would any other game.
“We need to show spirit when we haven’t got the ball, we need the energy and drive that the fans want to see in a local derby, but we’ve also got to make sure that the game and our recent form doesn’t stop us from playing with confidence when we attack.
“It’s a good moment in the season to play the game because the players shouldn’t need any motivation.”
ONE TO WATCH
After missing the first half of the season, Matty Cash has established himself once again as a key player with Forest, building on the sterling reputation he established in his breakthrough season last term.
A product of the Reds’ academy system, young midfielder Matty Cash made his debut for the club in the 4-3 win over Burton Albion on the opening day of the 2016/17 campaign and went on to make 30 appearances in total.
The step up came after he had spent the latter part of the 2015/16 campaign on loan at then-League Two side Dagenham and Redbridge, making 12 appearances and scoring three goals including a 30-yard strike against Hartlepool United.
Back in the fold again after recovering from an injury sustained in pre-season, he comes into this weekend’s fixture having scored two goals in his last three matches, including the eventual winner in the 2-1 victory over Birmingham City.
HOW I CAN SECURE MY SEAT
After only going on sale to Season Ticket Holders who had attended seven games or more, Derby County’s entire allocation of tickets for East Midlands derby clash with Nottingham Forest quickly SOLD OUT.
The Derby County Ticket Office is still running a waiting list should they have any tickets returned.
Those interested in being added to the waiting list should email [email protected] with their name and Fan ID.
WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME OUT?
DERBY COUNTY 2-0 NOTTINGHAM FOREST
Sunday 15th October, 2017
Matej Vydra lit up the East Midlands derby with a goal after just 24 seconds to send Derby County on their way to a 2-0 victory over Nottingham Forest back in October.
The Czech gave Gary Rowett the perfect start in his first home derby as manager, and David Nugent’s crisp finish just after the break ensured that the Brian Clough Trophy was retained for the fourth consecutive game.
Derby County: Carson; Wisdom, Davies, Keogh, Forsyth; Huddlestone, Ledley; Russell, Vydra (Thorne, 70), Lawrence; Nugent (Martin, 80)
Substitutes not used: Mitchell, Baird, Pearce, Weimann, Winnall
Nottingham Forest: Smith; Lichaj, Fox, Mancienne, Traore; Osborn, Bridcutt, Dowell (Clough, 60); Cummings (Walker, 74), Murphy, McKay (Ward, 60)
Substitutes not used: Henderson, Darikwa, Bouchalakis, Worrall
WHO’S THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE?
Jeremy Simpson will be the man in the middle when Derby County make the short journey down the A52 to face Nottingham Forest at the City Ground on Sunday.
Simpson has officiated 33 games so far this term, mainly in the Sky Bet Championship. from which he has produced 137 yellow and five red cards.
This match will be the second involving the Rams that he taken charge after he was also appointed for the 1-1 draw with Norwich City at Pride Park Stadium last month.
In total, this weekend’s referee has officiated five matches involving Derby in his years as a referee, with the Rams winning three and drawing the other two of those encounters.
Simpson will be assisted by Nigel Lugg and Michael George on the lines, whilst Andrew Madley has been appointed as the fourth official.
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION
As this fixture has been selected for live TV coverage and due to international broadcasting rights, RamsTV will only be able to broadcast the match live in select countries, although a live audio stream of the game will also be available if you are not in one of these countries. Please click here for more information.
Here’s a full rundown of what’s coming up on RamsTV:
- Pre-Match Press Conference: Nottingham Forest (10am) The RamsTV cameras were at the Training Centre in partnership with the University of Derby as manager Gary Rowett and Curtis Davies answers the local and national media’s questions.
- Nottingham Forest Preview Show (6pm) – Owen Bradley is joined by former Ram Shane Nicholson and club ambassador Michael Johnson to build-up to the game using stats, key facts and footage from previous meetings between the two sides.
- Matchday Live: Nottingham Forest Vs Derby County (1.30pm) – RamsTV has a bumper pre-match show to build-up to the big match on Sunday afternoon. Owen Bradley will be joined LIVE in the RamsTV Studio by Kevin Wilson and Marc Edworthy as they cover all the key talking points in the hour leading up to kick-off (2.30pm).
- Due to international broadcasting rights, RamsTV will be streaming the game live only in select countries, click here for more information, RamsTV subscribers will be able to listen to audio coverage of the game and also watch extended highlights and a replay of the full 90 minutes the following day.
- Post-Match Extra: Nottingham Forest (5pm approx.) – RamsTV’s interactive Facebook Live show will feature the thoughts of Rams fans as well as a post-match interview with manager Gary Rowett.
- Match Highlights: Nottingham Forest (12pm) – RamsTV’s extended highlights from the game the day before, featuring all the big game’s goals and key incidents.
- Review Show: Nottingham Forest (6pm) – Former Rams defenders Shane Nicholson and Michael Johnson join Owen Bradley for in-depth analysis of the game from the day before.
- Matchday Relived: Nottingham Forest (7pm) – Watch the entirety of RamsTV’s matchday production including the full 90 minutes of action along with the pre-game, half and full-time analysis from the team in the RamsTV studio.
The RamsTV streaming service is available to all supporters who register on dcfc.co.uk.
To access the full RamsTV streaming service will cost the following:
First-Team Audio Commentary (worldwide) - £45 annual subscription or £5 per month
First-Team Pay Per Game - Match Streaming (outside UK) - £5 for the individual game
A link to packages can be found here.
The two premium services are in addition to the regular pre-match and post-match interviews on RamsTV.
Supporters will also be able to follow all of the action, as usual, across our social media channels.
We will be providing behind the scenes content across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, where we will also provide a blow-by-blow account of proceedings at the City Ground.