Derby County will be looking to deliver an immediate response and return to winning ways when they travel down the A38 to take on Burton Albion.
The Rams travel to the Pirelli Stadium looking for a third win in four matches (kick-off: 3pm) and here, dcfc.co.uk has collated all the information you need ahead of the clash with Nigel Clough’s side…
WHAT’S THE LATEST TEAM NEWS
As was the case ahead of the Wolves, Gary Rowett will be without four first team players ahead of this latest fixture.
Bradley Johnson, Ikechi Anya and Marcus Olsson continue to be ruled out of action.
Sam Winnall remains a long-term absentee, but that aside, the Rams will travel with a similar squad to the one fielded over the last three two matches.
WHAT WAS SAID AHEAD OF THE TRIP TO THE PIRELLI?
Speaking to RamsTV ahead of the weekend’s trip to face the Brewers, Gary Rowett said: “We need the three points, it’s a crucial game for us and you can see how much it will to Burton because they will feel that one win can spark their chances of survival.
“It would be an amazing achievement because the second season is always more difficult, it’s been disappointing for them this year, but it is to be expected.
“We have to be really professional, we will have to play well, and we will have to battle and compete really well, because there is absolutely no way that any team playing in a local derby will want to hand points to their opponents.
“We have to make sure that we play our game as well as we can on Saturday.”
ONE TO WATCH
He joined for a club record fee, but Liam Boyce has had to bide his time at Burton Albion after suffering an ACL injury in the summer.
He’s back now, though, and will be looking to make up for lost time between now and the end of the season.
The 27-year-old arrived having finished as the Scottish Premiership’s top goalscorer with 23 goals for Ross County and gave Brewers fans a flavour of just what he is about after finding the net against Aston Villa in his first game back from injury.
Boyce, a Northern Ireland international, has not found the net since that, though, and will be looking to rediscover his goalscoring touch over these final remaining games.
HOW I CAN SECURE MY SEAT
After only going on sale to Season Ticket Holders last month, Derby County’s entire allocation of 1,661 tickets for the short trip to face Burton Albion SOLD OUT.
The Derby County Ticket Office continues to run a waiting list should they have any tickets returned.
Those interested in being added to the waiting list should email [email protected] with their name and Fan ID.
WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME OUT?
DERBY COUNTY 1-0 BURTON ALBION
Saturday 2nd December, 2017
The Rams left it late, but Johnny Russell came off the bench score the decisive goal as Derby County secured a hard-fought 1-0 win against Nigel Clough’s Burton Albion at Pride Park Stadium back in December.
The Rams dominated the game but they had to wait until the 82nd minute for that to reflect on the scoreboard, as Russell fired home after Chris Martin’s original effort was kept out of Stephen Bywater.
The result saw Gary Rowett’s side bounce back to winning ways at the first attempt following their defeat at home to Ipswich Town – a similar result is needed this time around.
Derby County: Carson; Baird, Keogh, Davies, Olsson; Thorne (Johnson, 78), Ledley; Weimann, Vydra (Russell, 63), Lawrence (Winnall, 73); Martin
Substitutes not used: Mitchell, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Nugent
Burton Albion: Bywater; Brayford, Naylor, Buxton, Turner, Flanagan; Akins, Murphy, Palmer (Sbarra, 90), Miller; Sordell (Varney, 85)
Substitutes not used: Ripley, Fox, Barker, Warnock, Akpan
WHO’S THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE?
For the third time this season, James Linington will be the man in the middle when Derby County make the short journey down the A38 to take on Burton Albion, kick-off: 3pm.
Linington has officiated 37 games so far this term, the majority coming in the Sky Bet Championship, from which he has produced 129 yellow and five red cards.
He’s already overseen two of the Rams’ games this term – the goalless stalemate with Cardiff City as well as the recent home defeat Sunderland.
In total, this weekend’s referee has officiated 11 matches involving Derby in his years as a referee, in which there have been three wins, five draws and just three defeats tasted.
Robinson will be assisted by James Wilson and Darren Blunden on the lines, whilst Andy Haines has been appointed as the fourth official.
HOW TO FOLLOW THE ACTION?
Along with a packed schedule leading up to the game, RamsTV will be LIVE on Saturday afternoon from 2.15pm as Owen Bradley is joined in the studio by former Derby defenders Michael Johnson and Marc Edworthy.
The trio will look at all the key stats, facts and figures for both sides ahead of kick-off at 3pm. Coverage will then switch to the Pirelli Stadium and supporters based outside of the UK and Republic of Ireland will be able to watch every kick of the action.
Here’s a full breakdown of what’s coming up:
- Pre-Match Interviews: Burton Albion (Throughout the day) – RamsTV sits down with Gary Rowett and one of his Derby County players in anticipation of Saturday’s match.
- Pre-match Press Conference: Burton Albion (Throughout the day) – Gary Rowett and a first team squad player face questions from the media ahead of their trip to the Pirelli.
- Burton Preview Show (6pm) – Owen Bradley is joined by former Rams Shane Nicholson and Roger Davies as they take an in-depth look at Derby’s midweek result at Wolves before discussing what it will take to claim three points against the Brewers.
- The Last Meeting: Burton Albion (6.30pm) – The best bits from RamsTV’s coverage of the last time the two sides met, which happened to be a close fought affair at Pride Park back in December.
- Matchday Live: Burton Albion Vs Derby County (2.15pm) – RamsTV is the place to be for all the build-up ahead of the game on Saturday afternoon. Presenter Owen Bradley and guests will cover all the key talking points, facts, figures and stats ahead of kick-off at 3.00pm.
- International RamsTV subscribers will be able to watch the full game with live commentary and half-time and full-time analysis from the RamsTV studio.
- Post-Match Extra: Burton Albion (5.30pm approx.) – RamsTV’s interactive post-match show on Facebook will give fans the chance to have their say on the result.
- Match Highlights: Burton Albion (12pm) – RamsTV’s extended match highlights package will feature all the goals, incidents and key moments from the day before.
- Matchday Relived: Burton Albion (6pm) – Watch the entirety of RamsTV’s matchday production including the full 90 minutes of action along with the pre-game, half and full-time analysis from the team in the RamsTV studio.
- Burton Albion Review Show (6pm) – Once the dust has settled on Saturday’s match, RamsTV will be back for in-depth analysis of Derby’s performance at the Pirelli.
The RamsTV streaming service is available to all supporters who register on dcfc.co.uk.
To access the full RamsTV streaming service will cost the following:
First-Team Audio Commentary (worldwide) - £45 annual subscription or £5 per month
First-Team Pay Per Game - Match Streaming (outside UK) - £5 for the individual game
A link to packages can be found here.
The two premium services are in addition to the regular pre-match and post-match interviews on RamsTV.
Supporters will also be able to follow all of the action, as usual, across our social media channels.
We will be providing behind the scenes content across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, where we will also provide a blow-by-blow account of proceedings at Pirelli Stadium.