The EFL recently confirmed some of their key dates across the leagues and its competitions for the 2019/20 season, with the highly anticipated Fixture Release Day taking place on Thursday 20th June 2019.
Set for a 9am announcement, the Fixture Release Day represents a date to mark in the diary for supporters up and down the country, with all 72 EFL Clubs from the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two able to plan their respective campaigns.
The first weekend of August is to host the opening round of League fixtures, with 3rd August the date set for the first set of traditional Saturday games in the EFL, whilst Round One in the Carabao Cup is to take place week commencing 12th August.
The season-ending Sky Bet EFL Play-Offs will once again be staged at Wembley Stadium, this time across two weekends in May. The League Two Final will start proceedings on Saturday 16th May, before League One and the Championship take centre stage the following weekend on Sunday 24th May and Monday 25th May, respectively.
The scheduling of the respective Play-Off Finals is due to a busy period in the football calendar, with Wembley Stadium also hosting fixtures at Euro 2020, including the Semi-Finals and Final.
A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2019/20 EFL season can be found below:
- Fixture Release Date – Thursday 20th June 2019, 9am
- Carabao Cup First Round Draw - Thursday 20th June 2019, 7pm
- Start Date – Saturday 3rd August 2019 (with a likely live game on Friday 2nd August)
- Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 12th August 2019
- Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 1st March 2020
- League Two Play-Off Final – Saturday 16th May 2020
- League One Play-Off Final – Sunday 24th May 2020
- Championship Play-Off Final – Monday 25th May 2020
Remember to head over to dcfc.co.uk on Thursday morning to view Derby County's full 2019/20 fixture list and plenty of analysis surrounding the fixtures.