There's not long to wait until Derby County find out their 2019/20 Sky Bet Championship fixtures.
Set for a 9am announcement on Thursday (20th June), the Fixture Release Day represents a date to mark in the diary for supporters up and down the country, with all 72 EFL Clubs from the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two able to plan their respective campaigns.
The first weekend of August is to host the opening round of League fixtures, with 3rd August the date set for the first set of traditional Saturday games in the EFL, whilst Round One in the Carabao Cup is to take place during the week commencing 12th August.
The season-ending Sky Bet EFL Play-Offs will once again be staged at Wembley Stadium, this time across two weekends in May. The League Two Final will start proceedings on Saturday 16th May, before League One and the Championship take centre stage the following weekend on Sunday 24th May and Monday 25th May, respectively.
The scheduling of the respective Play-Off Finals is due to a busy period in the football calendar, with Wembley Stadium also hosting fixtures at Euro 2020, including the Semi-Finals and Final.
In addition to learning the 2019/20 fixtures on Thursday, Rams fans also will learn Derby's Carabao Cup First Round opponents on the same day - with the EFL this week confirming that draw due to take place at 7pm.
A full list of the key dates ahead of the 2019/20 EFL season can be found below:
- Fixture Release Date – Thursday 20th June 2019, 9am
- Carabao Cup First Round Draw - Thursday 20th June 2019, 7pm
- Start Date – Saturday 3rd August 2019 (with a likely live game on Friday 2nd August)
- Carabao Cup Round One – w/c 12th August 2019
- Carabao Cup Final – Sunday 1st March 2020
- League Two Play-Off Final – Saturday 16th May 2020
- League One Play-Off Final – Sunday 24th May 2020
- Championship Play-Off Final – Monday 25th May 2020
Be sure to head back to dcfc.co.uk next Thursday morning to find out Derby's fixtures and also enjoy plenty of content around the Rams' 2019/20 fixture list.